Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Some changes

After reevaluating my current DJ situation, I've decided to make some changes with regard to what I'm doing. Increasing demands to my work schedule and my commitment to rehearsing and performing with my band have definitely become a factor. But I've also always had a desire to keep things new, interesting, and fun. And right now I don't feel that's the case.

First off, my last show on CHRW will be next Friday, December 7th, during which I will be counting down songs from my Top 20 Albums of 2007. I've have a great time doing the show over the past eighteen months. Some of the highlights for me were the times when I had a chance to introduce listeners to as-yet-unreleased music that I was really excited about, as well the opportunity to host the last two Canada Day specials. The station has always been integral in promoting local shows, and they really do have a strong emphasis on great music, so I trust that you'll keep listening.

Next up, tonight will be the last Pulp Friction night at the Alex P. Keaton. Since I started there in March we've had some great nights and some slow nights, and the staff have always been good to work with. The lack of any promotional budget definitely played a part in this, but I think Tuesday's in general are a tough sell in London. I do, however, think that we can make Tuesday's work. So we're going to be returning in January with a great new venue, multiple DJ's, and a slightly new direction. It's already in the works, and trust me, it's going to be great! I'll post the info on here as soon as it's finalized.

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for your continuing support, and be sure to tune in to CHRW next Friday for what promises to be my best show of the year. And as always, if you can't listen live, check out the archives.